Language of Choice

Saturday, July 29, 2017

Top 3 Fantasy Book Series


The First Book Series I want to start with, is actually a Trilogy. However, the author Anne Bishop, actually went on to write more books that tie to the characters from the original trilogy.

The Black Jewels Trilogy is honestly one of the most enticing, creative, and beautiful world I have come across so far in my life (and that is saying something since I read the first book when I was 12 and I am now very close to turning 24). These three books are dark and sensual (so beware if that is not your thing). The entire Trilogy and the other books to go with it take place in three realms that are all connected. You will come across people with magic being used in a way I have never seen it used before, dragons, unicorns, queens, priestesses, etc. If you are into Fantasy, then these books are perfect to add to your reading list. (I truly hope that these books are one day made into movies or even a TV show.)
The two pictures above are just a couple of the books that have stemmed from the trilogy.


The next book series on our list of Top 3 is Harry Potter. There are a few books that have stemmed from this series as well, but I find them to be nothing compared to the original 7 books. I'm sure most of you have heard the name Harry Potter at this point in your life, because it has become more than a book series to many of the people who have read it. There is a website that was made by the author, where you (the reader) can join the school Hogwarts from the books, countless fan made stories have stemmed from the wizarding world in these books, apparel and many other things you can by that are from the world in these books, and even theme parks that recreate places from this series. If you have yet to jump on the Harry Potter bandwagon, then my only question for you at this point is; What are you waiting for?


Last but not least, let us talk about the book series, A Song of Ice and Fire. Now this series is exciting in a few ways. One, there is a show that has stemmed from these books, called Game of Thrones (you can find the show on HBO). Two, the last book has yet to be released because it is still being written. Three, not only is the world in these books amazing, but you literally fall in love with the characters just to watch many of them die. I am still slowly making my way through this book series, but I urge you to take the time to read them, especially if you are watching the show. There are so many things the show doesn't fully dive into that the books have to offer. There are even characters that I feel are important to the story line that the show hasn't introduced. 

Photo Credits:
Image 2 & 3- Amazon
Image 4- Wiki Book Club
Image 5- Booktopia Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment