Language of Choice

Thursday, December 14, 2017

Fighting A Pizza Roll

The other morning my husband woke me up with a plate of pizza rolls in his hands for me. *For all you health freaks, this post may not be for you.* 
Me, having just woken up and therefore not thinking very clearly; decided to instantly bite into one and a stream of oily hot cheese streaked down my chin. The pain should have forewarned me that there would be a burn, but my half awake brain told me there was no way the cheese could have actually been hot enough to truly burn my skin. Ignoring the pain, I continued to eat the rest of the plate of pizza rolls. Why? Well, to put it simply, they are delicious.
Of course, when I looked in the mirror a few minutes later, I saw that I had a very nice sized burn going down the left side of my chin. There was no way makeup could hide this, so I would just have to wear my battle wound for all to see. On top of that, now that it's been a few days, I know for a fact it will still be there for any pictures taken when I visit family during Christmas.
Oh, and as if to add icing on the cake, my boss literally busted up laughing when I told him what happened after he inquired about my injury. 
So, for anyone else who has burned their face while eating a pizza roll, you are not alone and I feel your pain.
For those of you who actually wanted to see a picture to get an idea of how bad the burn was, mine was significantly longer than this, and a brighter red from the flesh that literally got burned away. 
*No, I'm not dumb enough to share a picture of my own for all the world to see and for some to use as a meme later. 

Photo Credits:

No comments:

Post a Comment