Language of Choice

Wednesday, December 6, 2017

The Power Of Santa

Just a random tidbit from my day so far...

This morning I was attempting to get my daughter ready for school, just like any other average weekday. Half of the time she loves going to school; the other half of the time she hates it. I'm sure many of you other mothers can relate. Well, as it happens, this was one of the mornings she decided she didn't want to go to school, and I quickly saw it would be a struggle to get her to do anything in a timely manner, (which was another problem as we were already running late). 
As she stood there arguing with me about going to get the hairbrush from the bathroom so I could brush her hair, an idea came to me. 
Me: "You need to get ready for school, and if you continue arguing with me I will call Santa and tell him you are being naughty by not listening to your mommy."
My Daughter: "You don't have Santa's phone number."
Me: "Yes I do, and I can call him right now."
My Daughter: "How do you have Santa's phone number?"
Me: (while thinking about how Santa's number is making it's rounds on facebook) "Because I'm your mother."
The look of shock on her face was priceless. Needless to say I had no further problems this morning with her getting ready for school. Now no judging; for all of us parents have used that threat at least once in our child's life. Let's be honest, we all need a little help from Santa every once in awhile to have a peaceful morning. 
*For those who need Santa's number, here you go...
If for some reason the number listed above doesn't work, the link for Image 2 will take you to another blog with a different number for Santa.
Photo Credits:
Image 1: Free Design File
Image 2: The Balance

No comments:

Post a Comment