Language of Choice

Sunday, September 10, 2017

Suicide

*Quick disclaimer: this was a poem I wrote when I was 14, so no this isn't about any current situation in my life. This was just my way of expressing the darkness in myself at that age.

Suicide
The screams drown out the lessons she was supposed to learn
People just watch as her skin begins to burn
The moans fade into the silence of the pitch black night
Ashamed that she gave in without putting up a fight
Plunging headfirst off the cliff into the crashing waves
Smashed against rocks for the end of all days
The knives cut into her scarred up skin
She's way too weak to even try to win
She gives into her now half-crazed mind
Going towards the light to never again glance behind


Photo Credit goes to Deviant Art
The artist's gallery page is in the link below

No comments:

Post a Comment